In this section you will find out what Care for Cancer is, who we are, what we do
and most importantly how we can help you.
Who we are and What we do.
Care for Cancer is a local charity which supports the community of Omagh and its surrounding areas. We provide information and practical support to cancer patients, their carers and families.
Here at Care for Cancer we offer a range of services to patients, their carers and their families. Some of these include:
- A drop-in centre run by experienced volunteers,
- Transport for patients to hospital appointments.
- Complementary therapies. We offer aromatherapy, reflexology and reiki. This service is available to both patients and their carers.
- A bra-fitting service for women who have had breast cancer surgery.
- Provision of recliner chairs for the terminally ill.
- Support groups for those affected by cancer and the bereaved.
- A befriending service.
- An information library consisting of relevant books that people can consult or borrow.
- A range of classed including yoga and lifestyle courses.
- Social activities, run to support patients, their families and the bereaved. They include a weekly coffee morning on wednesdays 10.30am - 2pm which is open to eveyone.
Because Care for Cancer relies completely on donations and people’s generosity to keep going, we also hold fundraising and social events to help raise money and awareness to support our work
We are a registered charity, so we rely completely on donations, people’s generosity and our volunteers in order to continue to deliver our support services. We strive to provide support to all users in a professional and courteous manner and we always love to see our families, patients and supporters getting involved in the work that we do.
Care for Cancer HMRC Registration NIC 103595.